Moving Day Ben Hur FREE online MOVING estimation
Do not get too anxious on the moving day, as Ben Hur will work with you closely.
The assigned Ben Hur moving consultant will directly handle your move. Your consultant is your main contact on the moving day, so direct final requests or questions to this man. He will manage the work of the moving team, ensuring the proper flow of the move and fulfilling all the agreed terms in the moving agreement.
What to Do
Before the Move
- Ensure that you have copies of the Order for Service and the Bill of Lading.
- Confirm the directions and other special instructions to the movers.
- Offer non-alcoholic drinks like juice, coffee or tea to the movers.
Upon Arrival at Your New Home or Site
- Instruct the moving team where you want to unload your items. (Speed up the unloading and unpacking process by creating a floor plan and providing your supervisor a copy.)
- Your supervisor will hand you an evaluation form to evaluate the performance of the moving team. We love to hear your comments and we put great value on your honest opinion.
Our customers are important to us! Ben Hur wants to provide the most excellent moving and storage service in Los Angeles. Let us know how we can help you better by filling up the form and returning it to us.
After the Move
Unpacking and getting comfortable in your new home or site can take a few days, but this should not stop you to discover your new neighborhood.
- Find time to locate mall, shopping stores, home improvement stores, discount store, mall, home improvement store, local hospitals, gas stations, police stations, fire stations, churches, post office and other vital services and buildings.
- Find out the available cable TV providers in your area.
- Locate health care providers like doctors, dentists, physical therapists, surgeons and veterinarians. Arrange for the transfer of your medical records.
- Find other service providers like banks, laundry shops, dry cleaners, etc.
- Check out the accessibility of emergency calling services like 911. Fill out a change of address form at your local post office so all mails in your previous address can be forwarded to your new address. Forwarded mail from an old address has a yellow address label, allowing you to advise the sender of your new address.
- Call the town’s Department of Sanitation and find out who is responsible in garbage collection. Inquire about the town’s recycling program.
- Call the Department of Motor Vehicles about your driver’s license if you moved to another state.
- Register yourself at the Board of Elections in your locality so you can vote in your new site.
- Obtain more useful information about your new site, such as libraries, schools, parks, community activities and cultural events by calling the Chamber of Commerce.
- Relocate your insurance policies to another agent in your new locality. Make a full inventory of your items and their value, then talk to your agent to ensure you get the precise coverage that is appropriate for your present needs.
Moving can be taxing and may have different effects to family members and even pets. We, at Ben Hur, will try our best efforts to make your move stress-free. Let us know your plan of moving so we can create a better plan and apply necessary techniques to make your move easier. A well-laid move allows you to settle quickly in your new location and to better enjoy your community.
We wish you the best in your new location and community. We love to hear from you. Please call us or send us a note by fax, email or mail and let us know how Ben Hur can serve you more.